Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services. (Specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at Family Planning clinics at the various Health Centres).
- Maternity services are provided in conjunction with the midwives from Princess Royal Maternity Hospital.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our Practice Nurse for details.
- Cervical smears
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following “enhanced services”
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, stroke, asthma, copd and diabetes
- A methadone programme for patients with drug abuse problems.